Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Child Abuse, Sam, & Swimming Lessons

So below you will see pictures of my poor son who looks like he has been beat up. The poor kid had a rough few days and his face and body have the marks to prove it. We started out with a goose egg just below his eye when Gabi punched him on the trampoline!!! That's right my sweet little Gabi hit him in the face. She admitted it without hesitation and I am not sure if that is because all the kids had already said she did it or if she did not think it was that big a deal. Either way I have no idea how she managed to give him a black eye, but she did. Then she bit him the following day because she wanted a toy he had and he told her she couldn't have it. that was on his stomach!!! Then I scratched him taking a piece of paper from him, in the nose, you can't see that mark, but its there right in the front part of his nose. My thumb got him. Then the last instance was also yesterday when he was pretending to be a horse with Gabi and he ran into the wall. He came to me crying and said the wall hit him...then I saw the big slice on his nose where he lost the skin! He has really been thru it the past few days. I told Brad at swim lessons everyone would think he had been beaten!!! His eye looks so bad now that it is bruising up...I think this may be his first black eye. I figured if one of my kids would give the other a black eye it would have been the other way around.
I just wanted to add a few pictures of Sam. He is smiling all the dang time!!! He is such a sweet little baby. He coos and makes noise all the time now like he is talking to us and laughs in his sleep. It is a cute little chuckle!

We started swimming lessons today and both the kids did great. I was a little worried, but I think there is safety in having your sibling there. Gabi was totally fine and walked right over with no hesitation and Brad did the same. It was fun to watch them. Gabi wanted to be by Brad and they both have friends in this class this year. Ben and Belle are twins and Brad and Gabi have been very fortunate to have made friends with them this year. They are great kids and we have had lots of fun with them so it is nice to have them in our swim class as well. Gabi is in a tiny weenie yellow polka dot bikini, but tomorrow we have to wear a whole piece because her shorts kept falling off of her!!!


I think they looked hilarious in these goggles at the house!

3 comments:

Michelle & Steve said...

Loved getting caught up for a minute on your blog. I think it sounds like you are a pro with three children! I have to admit that I'm glad you've joined the ranks of 3, because I know you understand how tough it can be to keep up on everyone's blogs when chasing two and holding one all day...or maybe that's just me... In any case, Brad and Gabi are as cute as ever - but SO old - and little Sam really is a dream. He is beautiful! Keep me posted on your plans...I would love to get together with you guys!

Lynnette said...

You updated :) Haha - poor Brad! He is so cute though, even the bruises. I can't get over how big your kids are getting! Little Sam is such a cutie, I'm loving that he's a blondie! Zach and Miles are starting swimming lessons next week, I'm a bit nervous about how they'll do...

Teri said...

Loved this update! Gabi's little bikini makes me chuckle :) It's so dang cute. And poor little Brad! That Gabi doesn't mess around! And seeing Sam just makes me want to squeeze him...we'd love visit...I wish you were closer! Miss you guys!!!