Friday, August 8, 2008

From the Mouth of Babes

So I heard some pretty funny stuff while in Texas this trip. Kids say the funniest stuff here are just a few!

Situation: Haleigh and Gabi are both called Lulu so it gets confusing for them. It is lunch time and we are sitting beside each other at the table.
Me: Lu what would you like to drink
Haleigh: Are you talking to me or her? (in a very serious thirsty voice)
Me: You
Haleigh: Juice

Situation: Driving to my mom's house with the grandkids so I could get some time with them without their parents. Of course Granny's house is the perfect get away!
Hannah: (holding a water bottle) Aunt Toto, I have to drink alot of water or my stomach gets overheated. When your tummy is overheated it hurts!
Me: Well then you better make sure you drink so your tummy stays cooled down.
Haleigh: Aunt Toto, I don't have to drink all the time, but sometimes if I don't drink a little my tummy gets overheated too! But not all the time!

Situation: Me picking on Haleigh about eating hot dogs for dinner. Haleigh does NOT like hot dogs.
Me: Okay, lets have hot dogs Haleigh
Haleigh: I don't like hot dogs
Me: I know you like hot dogs you don't have to tell me sweetie, I said lets make some
Haleigh: No, I don't like hot dogs.
Me: Okay...I am making them, have some patience
Haleigh: Aunt Toto why do you pick on me about hot dogs...I don't like them!
Me: Laughing because she is so cute and hilarious!

Situation: Gabi beating up her cousins
Haleigh: Gabi is mean! :-)

Situation: Driving to go swimming at the Harris's house
Brad: Bill where are we going
(Bill is papaw and I do NOT know why he said this because I call my father in law Mr. Harris)

Situation: Brad screaming for his Mamaw to find out where she is
Brad: Mrs. Harris...where are you Mrs. Harris!
(This does make since b/c I call my in laws Mr. & Mrs. Harris...I guess I am just going to have to start saying Mamaw and Papaw)

There were tons of other funny situations...but it is late and my mind is wondering, but you get the picture.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Hi Katie,

It was so fun to read your post about your trip to Texas. Cowboy Brad strikes again. How cool for you that he is allready blossoming as a rider. Gabi is such a beauty & has a great personality!
ps. I had a dream about you last night where I gave you a hug & was crying. We both were crying about how things have changed so drastically. So it was ironic that I would get a comment from you this morning.:) Love you girl! I hope that you are doing well with the change. I know that things will get better just experiencing some "home/friend sickness".

Teri said...

Hi Katie!!!!!

I loved reading all about your trip to Texas and we, Tayb and I, have looked at the pictures over and over! It looks like you guys had a blast. Go Gabi on the stick races...I thought that was so cute!
And I loved all your funny sayings. I could just hear your voice in my head laughing so hard telling them. Hope you guys are doing well! We miss you guys tons!