Friday, September 5, 2008

It finally happened



I had forgotten to keep an eye out for this and sure enough it happened. Brad cut Gabi's hair and he also cut his! In fact you can tell more on him than on her.


What is worse is that it took me a day to figure it out. I was so caught up in watching the Republican National Convention last night that I let the kids play in the basement w/out me. First and last time for that. So this morning I went down to pick up and noticed some hair on the floor...at first I thought it was just Gabi's but then realized Brad had also played barber to himself!


What is a mom to do? I guess I should try watching my kids instead of the RNC.

5 comments:

Teri said...

Ok...so if it HAS to happen I guess it's better that Brad got the worst of it. Boys look fine with buzzed hair. And cute little Gabi...She's just cute no matter what!

This exact situation scares me silly. Levi's sister's little girl completely cut, to the scalp, her whole entire long beautiful hair off. All except one little strand in the back she couldn't reach. She did at 3:30 in the morning when everyone was asleep. So you don't even have to be deep in to a nation convention to have your kids decide to play barber!

They had to buzz her hair and she was so sad that she "looked like a boy". Could you imagine if we had to buzz Tayb's hair? I think I might just have nightmares tonight!

I think you got pretty lucky with this one Katie! It could have been a lot worse!

Angela said...

Better Brad than Gabi for sure! Boys can pass off the "buzz" look much better than girls! And hey, hair always grows back, but you only get the RNC once every four years! This will be one of 'those stories' your kids will enjoy in the future. :)

Lynnette said...

Oh no! I think it is one of those inevitable things though, RNC or not, there's no way you can always be watching! Sending wishes it will grow back quickly :)

Holly Sanders said...

i swear...you would never think it would happen to you, but it does. Audrey played Barber to her doll and then to herself a few years ago....it is just now looking normal--but she chopped it and we had to cut it short. It looks like it was just the bangs on gabi...am i right?

Unknown said...

Oh man! It's always trouble when there are 2 small kids and scissors involved. My cousin butchered off my hair when I was about a year or so old...about a week before I was supposed to go visit my mom's parents for the first time. My mom was devastated, and my cousin got the biggest spanking ever. Ah! Childhood memories!