Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Big Weekend

Ultrasound

On Saturday we had the big 20 week ultrasound! I must admit that this pregnancy sometimes goes ignored...I don't have time to daydream like I did with my first pregnancy or wonder what my second child would be like compared to my first...no with this pregnancy sometimes I even forget I am pregnant. The days fly by in a blur, but I still get excited when I get to hear our babies heartbeat and seeing your baby on that ultrasound machine is amazing!

Our little one was snug in one spot and moved and wiggled all around during the ultrasound so we only got to see 2 hands, a head, a heart, a stomach, and a leg flew up in the air at one point so we know there is one of those! The ultrasound tech could not get the babies kidneys or spine so I have to back for another ultrasound in a couple of weeks! I get to see my baby AGAIN! The kids and Brad went with me and they are so excited about this baby and Little Brad is adamant it is a little boy! He even said several times during the ultrasound...it's a boy mom...it's NOT a girl! It's a SAM!

If we have a girl, I know a daddy and brother who will be sad. I am excited either way, but I feel like it is boy too! But if my past record is an indicator then it will be a girl. So we don't know what we are having yet...we will see if I can make it through another ultrasound and not find out.

The downside of not finding out for me thus far, is that this little baby has no identity just yet. I can't say, Sam or Annie...it's just the baby and that is weird! I want to talk to this little one and call it by name...but the idea of waiting is very attractive too! I wish I could scan in my ultrasound pictures so you could see our little one waving 'hi' but we are having issues so I can't.

All I really want is a healthy baby, each kid we have is a special blessing to our family and while my kids are the hardest things in my life thus far, I have never laughed so hard, loved so much, or wanted more for these little children of God and so the blessings by far outweigh those tough days! It will be fun to meet this new little one in person in another 4 months and see what gift we have been given.

Chuck E Cheese

After some family time on Saturday, I left to go do some work and Brad took the kids to Chuck E Cheese! They had a great time and while Brad was getting the kids ready to go Little Brad saw a kid with cotton candy. Of course he wanted the cotton candy and his dad said, NO!

They head to the door and Brad and Little Brad's numbers matched, however, Gabi's number had smeared and they couldn't read it.

Lady Says: 'Sir I can't let you leave with her w/out some kind of proof she is your kid'. Little boy is this your daddy?
Little Brad: NO
Lady: Is this your sister?
Little Brad: No
(at this point Brad runs past the lady and heads for the door, and Brad trys to go after him, the lady puts her hand up and...
Lady: Sir I can't let you leave with her
Big Brad: Are u kidding me
Lady: No, I need proof this is your daughter. Little boy, is this your dad?
Little Brad: NO
Lady: Is this your sister?
Little Brad: NO
Lady: Do you have a picture of her in your wallet or something
Big Brad: Yes

So ultimately, he got to take his daughter home, but can you believe our son would not claim us. He was so upset about that cotton candy he disowned his own family! Brad was relieved he got to leave, and a mixture of upset and wanting to laugh at what had just happened. I just laughed, but I wasn't there to experience it...I might not have laughed if I was there!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

that is hilarious! You had me laughing alot.

Holly Sanders said...

oh little Brad! too much fun you guys have! Love it! Can't wait to find out if that little leg coming up was a little girl being modest, or a little boy playing games with you!

Justin and Sarah said...

I love it! Brad is hilarious! Can't wait to find out how Ultrasound #2 goes!

Teri said...

Levi and I laughed and laughed at this one! SO DANG FUNNY!

Staci Savage said...

Katie! Your little Brad is so funny. What a smartie! Gabi is super cute too. I always loved the name Gabrielle... Congratulations on #3!

Eric and Caralee said...

That's hilarious, but I feel for Big Brad!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. Send me your email address so I can invite you to view our blog.