Sunday, September 16, 2007

Mushy

WARNING...MUSHY STUFF!
So recently Brad and I have been talking so much about what we want to do in May when he graduates and it has me all emotional about moving and CHANGE! I am not good with change.
When we moved to Philly I remember crying ALOT...I had just had a baby so cut me some slack! :-) The city seemed so dirty to me...and kind of scary. But slowly my eyes seem to see things differently. Isn't it funny how a place becomes alive to you and all the sudden it is so special to you after you get to know it! Now we are in our last year here and I find myself very sentimental about everything.
On the drive to church today I was thinking in my head how different my perception is of Philly than it was those first few months.
I feel like we have been so blessed living here...I am sad to know it is coming to a head. Even though I know we might still be here longer...it will not be the same with everyone leaving this year that we started this journey with. Time really does fly...I can't believe we are going on 4 years here...I can't believe Little Brad will be 4 in June, when we moved here that seemed like forever away. I can't believe that my baby is about to be a year old. I can't believe I am being so mushy right now...but like I said...I am feeling sentimental and mushy and I was updating my blog...so there it is.

3 comments:

Michelle & Steve said...

I felt like this our whole last year. The next step is exciting, but by the time I got to that 4th year I was ready to quit rushing through it. This is a big year for you guys...can't wait to see how everything pans out!

Rob said...

Katie, I'm sure it's really Brad who is being all mushy and nostalgic. You're much tougher than he is! Actually, we missed Philly too, and we were only there for two years, so I can imagine how it would grow on you if you were there for 4 years. More than the city, though, it's the friends that we made. It's tough to see everyone spread out over the country after school is out. Staying connected is important!

I hope you're enjoying your last year, and stay in touch!

Debbie said...

It's sad for me to think that you will be leaving. I have loved to get to know you more. I love your fun sense of humor. You are great Katie!