Thursday, September 20, 2007

Tissue Anyone?






So today Brad started pre-school! He was cute as a bug and SO excited about school! I couldn't get him to eat breakfast or even sit still...he was dressed and ready to go so fast this morning...he did not want to wait on his slow mom!

So I get Brad to school and the parents can stay (Thank you to Mrs. Welsh for watching Gabi for me)! Anyway there are tons of parents and kids and Brad just jumps right in and starts playing...he didn't care there were lots of kids around and that it was loud and unknown...he was ready to get the whole pre-school thing started. So I am taking pictures and watching Brad very carefully when all the sudden I realize I am the only parent remaining and the teachers are nice but they are like...'okay lady...time to go'!

So I tell Brad that I am leaving in 2 minutes (everything is done in 2 minutes in our house by the way)! He gets up and I am like okay here we go he is about to scream don't leave and I will console him and tell him what a big boy he is and blah blah blah. All I got was a 'stay her mom' and I said 'no I have to get Gabi but I will be back' so then I get an "OKAY" and he continues playing! WHAT!!! My child is totally fine with me leaving him!!!!

Now to those of you who know me are probably thinking I am an idiot...I have worked until the past 6 months and have left Brad for work so you are probably thinking what is the big deal. All I know to say is ...it was so different.

I leave his classroom and stand there for 10 minutes outside his door watching him play at a table and all the sudden I lose it...I am crying like a crazy lady and so I go to my car and cry some more! I finally pull it together only to lose it again on the way to pick up Gabi...so I get it together again and go pick up Gabi. I am doing fine and then I get back to the school and I was about 30 minutes early so I decide to wait in the car...next thing I know I am bawling again! I mean not just crying but bawling! It was pathetic! Big Brad just laughed at me when I told him...so feel free to laugh if you want.

I guess...I just saw today has a glimpse of things to come...a time when Brad will no longer need me to change his diaper (okay that will be a good thing), get him a sippy cup, help him get dressed, bath him, make his plate, read him books, and get all the kisses and hugs I want...before I know it...he will be in kindergarten and then junior high, and high school...and then OH MY GOSH grown with a family of his own. Oh my gosh...what if his wife HATES me...no...she wouldn't right?

So cliche I know but time goes so quickly and today I guess I had a small dose of things to come and based on how I handled today...I am sure to embarrass the HECK out of Brad when I leave him for kindergarten.

3 comments:

Lynnette said...

So I'm crying from the last post, and now laughing from this one! You are a crazy lady, but I think all of us moms are. I can't believe "little" Brad is old enough for preschool either! At least you know you've done a good job because he felt secure enough to let you leave him without a problem. The pictures are cute, too!

Holly Sanders said...

Katie, I still cry, and Maggie is in her 4th year of school. I can't believe how big Gabi is getting! What a cutie pie! You'll have to know how he like st. peters. they do so many fun things there. Who is his teacher?

Michelle & Steve said...

So now he just needs to be this excited on Sunday for Nursery, right? Or maybe he is - we're STILL helping Adri through that one. Anyway, I was just the same with Sally, taking pictures, crying, all of it. I think we have a hard enough time with it that they don't have to. Maybe that's the problem with Nursery...we REALLY want to let go of them during that time!